Thursday, August 14, 2008

Eternal Peace



It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I’m writing about the passing of my brother Shawn Bentzel. He lost his life-long battle of pain and suffering on July 2, 2008.

He was a good person, a best friend and a great brother. Anytime I needed him he was there, on time and ready to do whatever he could to help. Ever since we were little kids he would come to me for advice or help. We always tried to be there for each other. I will always cherish the good times we had, our conversations, and sadly I will never forget the pain and suffering we endured as young kids.

It’s difficult to bury a brother or a close family member who you love and care about very much. The situation becomes more difficult when a beloved family member made the decision to end his life-long battle. They say time can heal all wounds, but in this case it will only help make the pain slightly less.

To all of my family, friends and co-workers I thank you for your continued prayers and support during this very difficult time.

If anyone feels compelled to contribute, either money or time, please do so to the charities listed below. My wish is to help prevent other children from enduring the pain and suffering that Shawn was subjected to as a child. In turn that will lead to them living longer lives. If a child slips through, and they do, a program like SAVE will be there to help them when they need it most.

SAVE- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
8120 Penn Avenue S., Suite 470
Bloomington, MN 55431

Prevent Child Abuse America
500 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60611-3703

Children's Miracle Network
P.O. Box 850
Hershey, PA 17033.

note: this was originally posted on my other blog Senators Fans Unite

No comments: